Portuguese Pottery Alcobaça Ceramic Large Rectangular Serving Tray
- Free shipping in the USA
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Enjoy your food from an exquisite serving platter, inspired by the Portuguese culture. Our serving trays are crafted by a talented family of artisans in Alcobaça, a town known for making ceramic for hundreds of years. Add some colorful style and Portuguese flair to your kitchen and table with a design inspired by the traditional Viana embroidery, which pays tribute to the young couples that secretly embroidered a handkerchief with messages of love during an era when modesty was enforced strictly. Perfect size for serving side dishes, main courses or desserts and even as artful display or centerpiece. Can also be used as a wall hanging decoration.
- Handmade and hand painted finishing in Alcobaça by a family of master artisans and according to traditional techniques
- Perfect size for serving side dishes, appetizers, main courses, desserts, sushi, swiss roll cakes and even as artful display or centerpiece. Can also be used as a wall hanging decoration
- Presents a vibrant and colorful floral decoration celebrating the traditional Viana embroidery “Lenços dos Namorados” (Sweetheart Handkerchiefs)
- Great housewarming gift from Portugal
- Character - The handcrafted nature of this item means that each piece is a bit distinct from the last. No two are completely alike, which is one of the qualities that make these pieces so unique and prized
- Measurements: 16" x 6" x 1.5" Inch (L x W x H)
About the Lenços dos Namorados
Inspired by the traditional Viana embroidery, which pays tribute to the young couples that secretly embroidered a handkerchief with messages of love during an era when modesty was enforced strictly, and couples couldn’t show any display of affection until marriage.
“Lenços dos Namorados” (Sweetheart Handkerchiefs) are handkerchiefs made of linen or cotton and embroidered with several related love patterns. This piece of handcraft is part of the typical clothing from Minho province (in Northern Portugal) and used by women of marrying age.
The heart is one of the most popular motifs along with the 3 or 4 leaf clover, which appears in heart shapes, usually depicted in red, blue or white. Flowers, camelias, carnations and stars complement the exquisitely beautiful embroidery.
Orders usually leave our warehouse within 1 business day. These are guarantee shipping times. We ship items out Monday - Saturday. No items are shipped out on Sundays. If we become aware of any delays or if there should be unexpected changes, we will notify you via email.
We are proud to offer FREE SHIPPING on all our items when purchased online to addresses in the continental US only. We do not ship to Hawaii or Alaska. We ship to the address provided at checkout.